Cloud computing seems debatable subject because you may get different answers from different experts about Cloud Computing, we can see it everywhere in computing world, Cloud computing is a real time computing that integrates all the different resources of computers under one roof, it can be any form like software, hardware or information.
People use cloud services in one or another way. Many Cloud computing services are available in these days like IBM’s SmartCloud, google compute cloud and TCS offered cloud services. As per recent scenario we can categorize cloud computing in three ways in the form of use and specification that Private cloud, Public cloud and Hybrid loud.
There are three components to make the cloud computing solution over the internet.
1. Data center
2. Client computers
3. Distributed servers
Data center is a collection of servers where the application that you subscribe is stored and at other side the world, you connect via internet. Virtualizing server is now growing trend in the cloud computing means you can have many servers for the installed applications under the one physical server. Data center requires some conditional environment like electricity, temperature, space and security.
We all know that IBM, Google have their own data centers.
Client computers are nothing but are user’s desk; it would be a tablet, Mobile Phone, laptop or desktop computer.
Client computer falls under different categories like thin client, thick client and mobile client.
Thin client computers are small in sizes that have no physical hard device storage but they allow the server to do all thing. It is also called diskless nodes.
Thick (Fat) client computers need the storage space so it is not available for the public climate.
It is a regular computer user which uses internet browsers through Firefox or internet explorer to connect the cloud.
A Mobile client includes users that use the Smartphone or PDA like Microsoft windows phone, blackberry, or android operated phones.
Distributed Servers (cloud Servers)
Distributed servers give the option flexibility and security though situated far away from the client. For example, one website causes failure service but still accessible because it is added to another server on the network and it requires no physical devices. Distributed servers are located geographically on different places.
Term Service is used in the way which cloud computing provide the usability of it.
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Platform as a service (Paas)
- Hardware as a service (Haas)
Software as a service (SaaS): This service provides an access of one application to thousand of computers on the network means user do not need to install and configure the software but cloud service provider will do that, Users have to only pay and use it through the client server. Facebook, Google Apps and Microsoft office 365 are examples of SaaS.
Platform as a service (Paas): Platform as a service provides different platform of operating system, programming languages execution, database and web server etc., force.com, Google App Engine and Microsoft Azure are examples of PaaS.
Hardware as a service (Haas): Haas offers hardware licensing requirement in managed or grid computing. There is no need to invest in hardware furthermore. This service allow user to use distinct service like Storage Space, CPU Cycles or Memory through the internet. There are many providers of Haas. Organizations have to pay as per the usage of the hardware resource.
Pros of the cloud computing is as under:
- Cost Effective: it is a main advantage of using the cloud computing. Cloud computing is much cheaper than other networks because there is no need for physical devices, servers, employees and maintenance.
- Availability: cloud computing provides the facility to reach the end users so it is been accessible and easy to modify the content in the sense of documents and files. In other word you may access any information from anywhere beyond geographic location once you registered.
- Backup and recovery: Data recovery and backup is also a main advantage of the cloud computing. It is easy to take a backup and restoring using the cloud computing service other than traditional method.
- Huge storage: storing information in cloud computing gives huge storage capability, so there is no need to do work about the data capacity or to increasing current space in the storage.
- Auto software integration: cloud computing automatically integrate your applications and information through data integration server. So it’s been easy to access the information from one account.
Cons of Cloud Computing:
- Security Issues: When you register and submit sensitive information on the server that means you are providing details to cloud network service provider. Therefore, it is good to check for the service provider regarding to secure storage of information before registering to service.
- Vulnerability of the data: Storing information on cloud could make your company’s information vulnerable because there is less security on the internet network, so it would be a chance for external hacker to hack your account.
- Technical problems: Cloud computing face many outages and technical issues in spite of high standard maintenance and you need good internet connection. You often meet problems related to network and connectivity.
As use of internet network has been increasing rapidly, Cloud computing constantly developing in services areas in order to convenient the service to the organizations and lots of things to do though there are many challenges like security,technical outages but one should accept the importance of the cloud computing. Hybrid Cloud is an example of this evolution. Hybrid cloud is advance computer clouding which aimed to better manage the resources over public and private cloud.